How to enable two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication (AKA 2FA) is a method of confirming a user's claimed identity by using 2 factors: credentials, and a one-time password (OTP). Two-factor authentication provides an extra layer of security to your DMARCLY account.
Please follow these steps to enable two-factor authentication.
- use your mobile phone to download an authenticator app; see a list of supported authenticators below;
- log into the DMARCLY dashboard; click the dropdown menu on the upper right corner, then click System;
- click the switch to enable 2FA, then click Save;
an image containing QR code will appear on the screen shortly;
- use your authenticator to scan the QR code; now the authenticator has created an account for your; a new OTP will be created periodically on the authenticator's screen;
- log out of the dashboard; then navigate to the login page, and enter the credentials;
- you will see an extra 2FA form which asks you to enter the OTP generated by the authenticator;
- after you submit the OTP, you will log in to the dashboard like normal.
We support the following authenticators: Google Authenticator, Authy Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Oracle Authenticator, Salesforce Authenticator, and any other authenticators that have implemented the Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) algorithm.